Thursday, March 13, 2014

Review - Wicked Sybil Lenormand


This is the Wicked Sybil Lenormand by Melissa Haney. I believe that it is out of print now.

I was really excited to get this deck after being teased on Melissa's facebook page for a while. She would occasionally put up an image to show us, and make us antsy to get our hands on it. :)

I like these cards, as they are creepy and very Samhain like, however they do not interest me as much as I thought they would. I really like her other decks, and have yet to get my hands on a Melissa Lenormand deck myself.

The cards are a bit darker, and less bright than I had hoped for, and Melissa also noticed this upon printing - so she did her best to fix the issue. I think it is a matter of taste really, that I like bright colors. For those who like darker images, these are perfect for that!

There are some cards that I think looked a little rushed, and I do not like them very much : the sun, key, fish, mice, but the others are great. Despite the images that I do not like, I would not be without this deck because it is a collector item, but also because it gives very precise readings and has it's own unique collage look.

It comes in a cute black box, which is very handy because the lid doesn't fall off very easily. If you drop them, they won't spill all over the place.

I do not use these cards in a GT because they are hard for me to see, but they are wonderful for smaller readings. I wish that Melissa had not stopped creating decks for us. She has an amazing talent. :)

Blessed Be

No comments:

Post a Comment