Sunday, July 19, 2015

Crossing My Fingers

Peaceful Path Tarot by Jill Scott
Today I drew the 4 of pentacles, and the Queen of cups for my daily draw.

The 4 of pentacles is a card that traditionally symbolizes stability, security and possession.

Here we have a young girl holding a wooden bucket bent down collecting eggs from a nest in her barn.  The hen is securely sitting on the eggs, showing some reluctance to give them up. The eggs are the hen's potential babies, and it is her job to warm them and keep them safe.

The Queen of cups is about being intuitive, emotionally stable and compassionate.

Here we have a woman who holds her baby and comforts it. She may be humming a tune to bring peace to the infant, or rocking it slowly lulling it to sleep. Whatever the case, she is using her motherly instincts to care for the baby.

These cards are right on target today, as my 13 year old daughter woke a couple of days ago with a pain in her foot. She doesn't leave her room enough since school has let out, which means she lacks proper exercise.

I miss the days when she went outside all day long to play with her friends and climb trees. The pain in her foot is mysterious and she hasn't done anything that she can recall to bring on such a symptom. I asked if she dropped something on it, but she says no.

Usually we remember twisting or stepping wrong, which would give explanation, but the only thing that makes sense to me is growing pains. Anyway, she really doesn't have much of a pain threshold, and is quite a drama queen. So I have spent my day caring for her, and keeping her comfortable, just as the Queen of cups would.

I went to the local drug store to get Tylenol and an ace bandage to wrap her foot. Just like the girl gathering eggs, I gathered what I needed at the store.

We have rotated using heat / cold on it. I am hoping that she will be okay soon. If not, I will be taking her to the doctors.

Crossing my fingers!

Blessed Be.

9 comments:

  1. Hopefully she will be right. Maybe you are bot are a bit Queen of Cupsy today: she is feeling sad about her foot and you are emphatic about her feelings. I wish you both well and for you lots of motherly energy :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I need all the patience I can get! ;)

      Delete
  2. I've got one in the 'growing pains' phase, too. Extra vitamin D3 and upping potassium has helped significantly. Coconut water has one of the most concentrated sources of potassium and tastes good. Hoping things resolve themselves naturally for your dd.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh bless, I hope she wants to get outside soon BB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?! Kids these days. When I was a kid, you couldn't keep me indoors to save your life.

      Delete
    2. I know, I'd still rather be outside, even if it is just sitting on the door step with a cup of tea or coffee :)

      Delete
  4. What a lovely deck - I've never seen this one before. Do tell the poor hen that her eggs won't become babies unless they were fertilized by the rooster. :)
    My daughter used to have growing pains too (She is a bit of a drama queen when it comes to pain, as she has a low mental threshold for it.) I had always thought they were an old wives tale until then. The pain would often disappear as mysteriously as it came. Hope she'll be full of vim and vigor soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Giggle about the rooster. I hope she is better soon. This is taking a mental toll on me.

      Delete