Wednesday, April 20, 2016

The Paradox



I found a new copy of The Heart of Faerie Oracle by Brian & Wendy Froud. I can tell already that it is going to be a favorite.

While asking the character of two questionable females, the cards didn't mince words.

Said female #1 - The Lady of Leprechauns:

I asked what I need to know about her. In the beautiful hardback book, I get, "Leprechauns are tricky, their Lady is even more so." and, "Remember that her gifts are not what they appear to be."

"You may be wise to thank her and walk away empty-handed."

So, there we have it! Beautiful but not so honest or friendly.

Said female #2 - The Paradox:

I asked what I need to know about her. The book spells it out again ...

"... good but bad at the same time, and in equal parts."

"Examine your feelings, your intuition, your hunches."

"... be very very careful about how you proceed in this relationship."

Just look at the picture. Two faces. Wow! Can't get anymore direct than that.

Then I asked, how I should proceed.

The Green Woman:

"Relationships call for a gentle greening sometimes."

"Be strong in your convictions, but gentle in the manner in which you present them."

So there it is. I was right. Now for the hard part. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. If you like this, you will love The Faeries Oracle. The book for it is leaps and bounds better than this one. :)http://www.amazon.com/Faeries-Oracle-Brian-Froud/dp/0743201116/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1461215491&sr=8-2&keywords=froud+faeries

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny because I actually had that one, and never spent time with it, so I got rid of it. I didn't like the pictures as much as this one.

    ReplyDelete